Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Where is the motivation??

I just can't seem to figure it out. All day long I make mental list of all the things I will do once the children are in bed. Then finally, the anticipated moment arrives, they are ASLEEP! I look at my list and all I want to do is soak in the tub or take a nap!

That reminds me of one of my favorite children's books that really should be for adults. It's called 5 minutes of peace. Mrs. Large (the elephant with pink rollers and a bathrobe) sneaks of to the bathroom for 5 minutes of peace. Eventually all the children join her in the tub, with the little one forgetting to take of his clothes. I just laugh and laugh every time I read it. AH such is life!

2 comments:

Chris 'n Leah said...

That sounds like a book worth reading/owning. And I completely agree with you...instead of "nap" time being a super productive time it is usually my down time as well.

Nicolay Family said...

Oh, the days of motherhood... Is it something I should really get into???