Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Toliet Papering

So I told this story to some friends at a bridal shower (we were making toilet paper brides), and one suggested I should blog about it cause it was so funny, so sorry mom, you'll have to correct it if I mess it up! This is how I remember it.
When I was in high school my mother would never let me go toilet papering. Well, we moved to Idaho, and my mom attended an annual Relief Society sleepover. Half way through the night they all hop in the car and hand my mother a couple rolls of toilet paper. She said, "we're doing what?" It was tradition for them to go and toilet paper the sister's homes who didn't attend the sleepover. As they are driving around they get pulled over by the police who says to them, "It has come to my attention that a certain white van has been reported toilet papering houses. (as the entire back row of women are holding toilet paper in their hands) I'm sure if that were true then that certain white van would be on it's way home!" He let them go and despite the suggestion of going home and switching cars their toilet paper night was over! Guess you just have to wait till your older to have all the fun!

3 comments:

Chris 'n Leah said...

That is such a great story! It cracks me us what fun-loving-mormon-women are capable of!

Your Mom sounds like my kind of lady!

Camile Kellogg said...

I sure loved those north Idaho crazy, fun, wonderful old ladies :D

I miss the white van...

candy's clothes closet said...

Kelsey it was great to see you guys again. Now that I found your blog I'll have to keep tabs on you guys. Take care.