Tuesday, March 31, 2009

From the mouth of Babes

I regret not writing everyday because I know I have missed some really great things. Today Brayden was playing with his friend Lucy. They come out of the room together and Brayden says to me very matter of factly, "We are going to the temple, and we were wondering if you would watch our baby Elmo. He is asleep in hi bed." I told him I would and he replies with, "There is pizza in the fridge that we made for you." The Brayden and Lucy squeeze into a car (which is made for one) with Lucy's tush practically hanging out the side. It was the funniest thing I have every seen.

Later on the were head off to the temple once more and inquiring about my babysitting services. I told them that they would have to bring the baby to my house if they wanted me to watch Elmo. Brayden looks at me very seriously as says, "Ok, do you live on 53rd street or 58th?)

Oh how he keeps me on my toes. I know that I am far from the perfect example, but how grateful I am to know that he is familiar with the temple and sees it as part of life, something to be mimicked in play.

And then there is my sweety pie Dylan. We were at dinner tonight and I took a drink of water from my cup and he started squealing wanting and reaching out for my cup. Well, his sippy cup had fallen on the floor, so I picked it up and put it on his tray. He reached out grabbed it, tossed it off the side of the tray onto the floor, and started reaching out for my cup once again. After doing this twice I couldn't help but laugh, and needless to say he won my cup of water!

No comments: