Monday, January 26, 2009

You never know

So, I haven't been doing so well with this blogging thing lately. I feel like a teenager when I would write in my journal and say, "I'm making a goal to write every day," and then the next entry says, "It's been six months now, but I'm making a new goal to write every day." LOL Ryan and I had a great experience this past weekend. I am a craigslist frequenter, and I saw this great juicer, something Ryan and I have been wanting ever since we burned out the cheapo walmart one. However the price they were asking was more than we felt like we could spend at this time. So I emailed this lady and told her that even though I was very interested we justed couldn't do it right now. To my surprise and delight I received a reply asking if my husband was handy because she had a couple of projects that she really needed done and would be willing to make an exchange. So Saturday morning, we showed up with our two children unsure of what to expect. Ryan laid some carpet for her (and did an awesome job, especially considering the fact that he'd never done this before) and then Ryan and I installed a storm door (and when the drill cord exploded we were grateful no one was hurt!). We spent the better part of the day getting to know this women, a single mom of 3 older children. We came home feeling satisfied with the exchange and knowing we also helped someone out. That night I received an email from this sweet woman sharing with us the death of her husband 13 years prior, who normally would have done these things for her. She said that she had been praying for a way to get these tasks finished and had no way of doing them herself. We were the answer to her prayers. Here we were thinking we were getting a great deal on a juicer, when truly we were Heavenly Father's hands at work. It reminded how God loves ALL his children whether they are members of the church or not, and will answer prayers that are righteous. I also feel so grateful to know that I have a ward family who can help me when I don't know where to turn.

5 comments:

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

That's an awesome experience. Thank you for sharing.

Becca said...

That is so great. It is so neat to see how the Hand of the Lord does help everyone. That is just such a neat experience.

Tammy said...

Kelsey, thanks for sharing that. One of the things I love about how Heavenly Father works, is that he is able to bless everyone involved, both the giver and the receiver end up being BOTH the giver and the receiver. Does that make sense? Doesn't it feel great to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord?

The Baisden Family said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet experience. It's amazing to see Heavenly Fathers hand in all our lives.

Colette Yates said...

Kelsey and Ryan, that was a pretty incredible experience! If we pray to be an instrument in his hands, he follows through! Thanks for sharing this with us.
I'm really enjoying reading your blogs. Understandable as busy as you are that they are sporadic. At least you are doing them. Great journalizing! We're very proud of both of you and all that you do!
Love,
Mike & Colette Yates