Sunday, August 29, 2010

8 YEARS

Two saturdays ago, August 21st to be exact, I woke up to a blaring alarm clock in my bedroom. Carson was on one side of me finishing nursing, and Dylan on the other, who had shown up in my bed at who know what time. I yelled to Ryan, who was missing to come and shut off the alarm. Shortly thereafter he pops his head in and says, "I really can't right now, could do it?" and off he goes. My mouth about dropped off my face as I watched him leave me sandwiched between two sleeping babes while the alarm continued to blare on. Very much annoyed I got out of bed to turn it off. (which was on the floor because we have no nightstands). Much to my suprise I found a dozen roses with a poem awaiting me. Since my life is my own and I haven't figured out how to run it yet, that note is in a very safe place. So safe in fact that I can't find it (but I will add it when I do). I came out of the bedroom to the smell of Pizza cooking, and a small table (Brayden and Dylan's table) for two complete with candlelight set up on the balcony. Another note was awaiting which sent me to the Vitamix where I found a gift certificate to emeral smoothie waiting, along with a promise that each day I would recieve another clue. My love was recreating (in a way) the night he proposed to me. It's funny though, after 8 years and 3 children things tend to get shifted. Originally Ryan sent me on a all day scavenger hunt which ended up on a rooftop with candlight (by emergency candles he found in the car) and a Pizza was delivered. On the pizza box it said, "Will you... Be My... and written in pepporoni was "Best Friend" My first thoughts were, "thank goodness he didn't propose with pizza!" After the pizza dinner he hugged and kissed me goodnight and sent me to bed. A little confused (I thought it was going to be made official that night) I went to sleep and was awakened at 2 am by my roomates with a dozen roses. A friend was waiting to take me to the spot where Ryan and I danced under the moonlight after making the decision to marry. Everything was very simbolic. Ryan and I had decided to marry on 8-12-02. Our pizza dinner was at 8:12. He officially proposed on 8-21 (or 12 backwords) at 2:18 am (8-12 backwords). So when he tried to recreate it the original plan was to wake me up at 2:18 am. The night before he had rented a romantic movie (only for my sake) and had planned to outlast me by staying awake until 2:18. However, we were both really tired that night and he wasn't able to stay awake. So the alarm went off the next morning at 8:12 am. Our romantic balcony setting was quickly occupied by our two oldest boys who were very enthusiastic about have pizza for breakfast. It was a good day that ended with a picnic and soccer in the park. I truly love my family and especially my wonderful husband who works so hard all the time to provide for us. I can't imagine my life without him and look forward to celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary this January.

2 comments:

Colette Yates said...

Just loved it! How romantic!

Thanks for sharing!

Love
Mom Yates/Colette

Heidi Elder said...

that is the most sweetest story I have heard in a long time, you two are so good to eachother, thanks for sharing, I loved reading it, i love to hear what you post.